- our consumer-facing mobile application (“Soul Barre On Demand”),
- our consumer-facing website (“Soul Barre”),
- our online business management software products (“Software Service”),
- our social media pages,
Collectively the “Soul Barre Services”.
- Defined Terms
The following terms will have the meanings indicated below.
“End User” means any individual who interacts with the Soul Barre Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the Soul Barre On Demand, and individuals who book appointments, purchase services and otherwise interact with our Subscribers through the Soul Barre Services.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not relate to an individual, such as usage data not linked to any unique identifiers.
“Personal Information” means data that relates to or about an identified or identifiable natural person or, where applicable, household as defined under relevant law. This may include information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, or unique online identifiers.
“Subscriber” is any business or entity that subscribes to (or otherwise accesses or uses) our Software Service, including any staff, employees, consultants, advisors, or independent contractors accessing the Soul Barre Services on the Subscriber’s behalf.
- Categories of Personal Information
While the Personal Information we collect varies depending upon the nature of the Soul Barre Services provided or used and our interactions with individuals, Personal Information we may collect or obtain includes:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number, which may include third party emergency contact information),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, education, nationality),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, including credit card information etc.),
- Health and fitness tracker data collected from heart rate monitors and other performance monitoring activities,
- Other Soul Barre Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics, etc.),
- Geolocation data with your permission (e.g. geolocation data sent via a mobile device),
- Online identifiers (e.g. IP address, Device IDs, etc.), and
- How We Collect Information
- Through the Soul Barre Services
We collect information about you whenever you use the Soul Barre Services, for example:
- If you are an End User, when you create an account on the Soul Barre App or through Soul Barre website, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and postal address, social media account ID, and Other Information you may provide with your account.
- If you are an End User interacting with the Soul Barre Services through a Subscriber, we also collect Personal Information that you provide to the Soul Barre Services when you initiate a transaction or otherwise engage with the Subscriber, such as to book an appointment, make a purchase, or respond to a marketing campaign.
- If you are a Subscriber, when you sign up for our Software Service, we ask for your company name, address, phone number, email, credit card information, tax identification number, and other information about your business, as well as names and email addresses of authorized individuals on your account. If you attend one of our events (e.g., a tradeshow, webinar, or training), we may ask for your feedback, contact details or other information to follow-up with you, such as send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- We collect information about you when you interact with the Soul Barre Services. For example, if you initiate a transaction through the Soul Barre Services, such as a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction. This information may be shared with others for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry standard technology. We may also collect other Personal Information at the request of the Subscriber you are transacting with or through. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Soul Barre Services, such as IP address, operating system, device ID, and device type.
- We may collect information about others from you, including your emergency contacts, and only use this information for the reason it was provided.
- Data from your device through settings you activate:
- Other location sources:
- IP address
We collect and use this location-related data in order to
- Provide you with services you have purchased or requested
- Protect against abuse or misuse of services or of your account
- Improve our site and services
- From other sources
You do not have to provide us with certain of your Personal Information, however, if you do not provide or enable us to collect the necessary information, we may not be able to provide the Soul Barre Service.
- How Personal Information May Be Used
We may use your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide the functionality of Soul Barre Services and related support.
- To create, and administer accounts, fulfill and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g., technical help, answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.).
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide you with marketing and promotional materials and opportunities and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications.
- To share information with other marketers (and their service providers) to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so.
We will engage in this activity with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, or where we have a legitimate interest. (Note: Health and fitness tracker data that is obtained via third parties will not be used for this purpose).
- For reporting and trending.
- To better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalize our offering.
- For trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
- To accomplish our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities.
- To defend our legal rights or those of others.
We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or because we have a legitimate interest.
To the extent that we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- What and How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Certain privacy laws require that we disclose certain information about the categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable law) that we have disclosed for a business purpose as well as the categories that we have “sold” as defined under applicable law.
Disclosed for a business purpose. In general, we may disclose the following categories of Personal Information (as described above in more detail) to our Partners and Service Providers to provide the Soul Barre services:
- Contact details,
- Personal details,
- Financial and transaction data,
- Health and fitness tracker data collected from heart rate monitors and other performance monitoring activities,
- Other Soul Barre Services related data,
- Geolocation data,
- Online identifiers, and
- Cookie-related data.
We do not sell your data.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic partners and service providers who provide services to us or to our Subscribers, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To our Subscribers if you are an End User and are using our Soul Barre Services to interact with that Subscriber. Please contact the Subscriber you interact with directly for more information on that Subscriber’s privacy practices.
- To third parties to permit them (or their own customers) to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, consistent with your choices.
- To you, through message boards, dashboards, challenges, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the sections below titled “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews” and “Public Forum.”
- To other website users and as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your Facebook account to your Soul Barre Services account or our social media pages.
- In the context of a corporate transaction. If Soul Barre is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), Soul Barre will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to other parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), including in any negotiations leading to such. Such parties may include, for example, an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- Privacy Rights regarding your Personal Information
This section provides specific information for California residents, as required under California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as well as other jurisdictions and regulations that allow for individual privacy rights such as the European Economic Area, including the United Kingdom, and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Explanation of Individual Rights
Right to a Copy/Access or Portability: You may have the right to request, free of charge, a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
Right to Know: You may have the right to request, free of charge, that we provide certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information, including the categories of Personal Information collected; categories of sources of Personal Information; business and/or commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Information; categories of third parties/with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and whether we sell any categories of Personal Information to third parties (however, we do not sell your Personal Information).
Right to Deletion: You may have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we have collected, subject to certain exemptions. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). We may also retain residual information, such as records to document that your request has been fulfilled.
Right to Non-Discrimination: You may have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment on the basis of exercising your privacy rights under applicable law.
Right to Correct/Rectify: You may have the right to rectify any incorrect Personal Information we may hold about you.
Submitting a Request
Where applicable law allows for such a right, if you would like to request to access, correct, object to the use, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may submit a request through the SoulBarre Services themselves or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Data Subject Request”. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
If you are an End User you may, depending on the Soul Barre Service utilized, be able to access, correct or request deletion of Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through your online customer account. These Data Subject Requests and other rights, including objection, restriction and portability (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), can also be made directly to the relevant Subscriber.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Where applicable law allows for an authorized agent to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with a subject line “Data Subject Request – Agent Request” and someone will be in touch with the agent and the End User to verify the request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Moreover, where you are an End User, Soul Barre may need to forward your request and refer you to your Subscriber who may be better placed to address your request.
If you are under 18 years of age and a user of the Soul Barre Services, you may also be entitled to ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Soul Barre Service by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information if doing so infringes on the rights of another user.
If you are an End User of one of our Subscribers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Subscribers, or would like request the exercise of a right as set out above in relation to Personal Information held by a Subscriber, please contact the Subscriber directly.
- Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of information
Except for health and fitness tracker data that is obtained via third parties, information we collect may be used by Soul Barre for marketing purposes such as one-off promotional emailing, mobile text messages, direct mail, and sales contacts. We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may:
- Opt-in or opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us:If you are a user of the Soul Barre App or Soulbarre.com and no longer want to receive marketing-related emails or mobile text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails or mobile text messages by changing your preferences in your account settings or following the unsubscribe prompts from within the messages themselves. If you have provided your information to Soul Barre, and opt-out, Soul Barre will put in place processes to honor your request. This may entail keeping some information for the purpose of remembering that you have opted-out.
- Consent to sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their (or their customers’) direct marketing purposes:We only share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third-parties for their marketing purposes when you have consented to the sharing. We do not share data with unaffiliated third-parties in the absence of your consent and such consent will only be valid for a single data transfer. To address what these unaffiliated third-parties do with your data once you have consented to the sharing, please contact the third-party to learn more about your choices.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative, transactional or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Soul Barre Services, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
Our mobile applications may also send push notifications to your mobile device, provided you consented to this. If you have previously consented to receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you can also turn push notifications off at the device level. The applications may also request access to your device’s calendar application, storage, Bluetooth, camera, and microphone. If you have previously allowed access to your device’s calendar and no longer wish to allow access, you may edit the application settings at the device level.
- Tracking and Advertising
- Social Media Features and Widgets
- Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews
If you submit testimonials, ratings or reviews to the Soul Bare Services, any Personal Information you include may be displayed in the Soul Barre Services. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at email@example.com
We also partner with service providers to collect and display ratings and review content on our web sites.
- Payment Processors
Where a third-party payment processor is utilized as a sub-processor, we have implemented appropriate onward transfer safeguards over your Personal Information. See Section 23 for a list of sub-processors and their applicable privacy policies.
- Links To Other Websites
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Soul Barre Services, including our social media pages.
- Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Soul Barre Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Soul Barre Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
- Security of Your Information
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at Soul Barre. We seek to use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your interaction with us please refer to our Security Policy
- Use of Service By Minors
The Soul Barre Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through the Soul Barre Services.
- Cross-Border Transfer
The Soul Barre Services are controlled and operated by us from Australia and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of Australia. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, including Australia, or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Soul Barre Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Some of the non-European Economic Area (“EEA”) countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses with our vendors (based on the clauses published at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0087, a copy of which can be obtained by Contacting Us, see below) and/or participation in the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield to protect your Personal Information in the U.S as further explained below. You can consult our Privacy Shield certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOHGAA4&status=Active.
- Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the Soul Barre Services or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested or consented to.
- Contact Us